The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Friday, July 30, 2004

Bad Monkey

I know, I know—I haven’t been posting.  I just got started and I’m already slacking off.  Typical.  Between traveling to HASC, Tisha b’Av, and coding, I kind of got off track. Well, that and the fact that the novelty wore off.  My undeclared break from blogging gave me ample opportunity to think about the purpose of this forum and how I intend to utilize it.  I started it on a whim; I couldn’t get my silly JSP file to compile so I threw together a blog.  Now the question remains, do I intend to maintain it?  That’s still somewhat up in the air, and regardless of what I decide now, I’ll have to reevaluate come September when the work starts piling up.  Advantages?  I’ve never succeeded in keeping a journal, but the “pressure” of having to post somehow encourages me to chronicle experience in my life I might otherwise forget. Does that make for interesting reading?  Probably not.  In any event, having a blog forces me to exercise my decaying writing skills.  And that in and of itself is a sufficient reason for me to continue my newfound hobby.  Disadvantages?  Suffice it to say that like all the CS majors I know, I am a quintessential slacker, which doesn’t jive so well with new commitments.  Let’s just end this simple desultory philippic with a lovely banal statement:  I guess only time will tell….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home