The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Monday, August 02, 2004

Ambushed

After spending about a decade at Camp Shalom, I know a lot of people in Silver Spring (note the spelling), even though I’m verifiably not a native. Since I couldn’t go home this Shabbos, I opted for Kemp Mill, since it’s not terribly far. As I strolled into shul *early* Shabbos morning, I heard a male voice jibe, “Don’t say ‘Good Shabbos’ to me, Devorah.” Oh G-d, not now….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home