The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Kill Jill, Volume III

It is common knowledge that we slackers are lured to the field on computer science by its enticing lack of papers. Apparently this is a carefully crafted trap. Despite my choice of major, I have yet to have a paper-free semester. In the past, this has been mostly the fault of “gen-eds” and electives. But this year…..First, I had an essay test in my software engineering class. And then—then the unthinkable happened. Jill assigned a paper in Algorithms!!! We have to wax poetic about algorithmic analysis. Sorry, pontificating about the supremacy of one sorting algorithm over another is only so appealing. Oh, and we have two weeks to gather all the statistics, compile and graph them, and then compose our lovely little ditties. I feel *betrayed.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home