The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Monday, August 02, 2004

The Other Benefit of a Balcony

I have a newfound appreciation for shuls with balconies for women. Despite the fact that I’m the youngest grandchild and have attended a plethora of aufrufs, I have never been to one at a shul with said feature. Well, let me tell you, it’s a whole different experience. Never have I had such a clear shot at the chosson (not to disparage my aim or anything). Fortunately, the chosson’s black hat made a pretty good helmet because he sure was pelted with *soft* candy!!! Ah, brings back fond memories of my friend’s older brother’s aufruf. Trust me when I say I had a lot of kavanah while throwing those candy bags.(This one is for stopping short on the ski slopes and spraying me with snow…This one is for pulling my hair…etc, etc…) However, not all of the 5+ candy bags I hailed in his direction hit him head on. Now if my shul had had a balcony…Just think of the possibilities….

3 Comments:

  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    two words: jaw breakers
    There is nothing better than watching the puny bar mitzvah boy get beaned by huge hard candy being dropped by malicious female relatives from the very high balcony.
    Eli7

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Keren Perles said…

    Wow. I get a lot of ink on this site. I feel special :)

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Devorah said…

    I was actually referring to your brother, but you can feel special nonetheless :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home