The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Monday, September 06, 2004

Bad Monkey II

I know, I know, I left without warning. And I haven’t been responding to emails. My apologies. I actually did have some internet access yesterday (I almost did a “Blogging from Brookdale” post cuz I’m quite fond of alliteration…), but not much time…

Eli7 came for Shabbos (wide smiles abound), but then I hit the road with the parents Saturday night, arriving in Staten Island at 2:20 am. Didn’t get the earliest start, but spent 3 hours in Brenda’s with my Mom. Twas time well spent ;-) We finished a little after 3:00 and our tummies were grumbling so we ventured 3 blocks to the nearest food joint—Dougie’s. I must admit it was actually my first time there. (Fear not—I’ve tasted their buffalo wings, thanks to my bro). I thought it was alright (admitted I’ll eat anything provided with a surfeit of catsup), but my parents were less than impressed. I left the folks as they were finishing eating and hopped on the nearby F-train into the city (round of applause for the clueless out-of-towner for taking subway all by herself for second time, and actually arriving at desired destination!!) and met up with a few Stern buddies. My parents picked me up on their way back from the wedding (actual reason for trip). We pulled into our driveway at 4:00 am. At least we didn’t have much traffic ;-)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Devorah said…

    cat•sup n. Variant of ketchup. Vindicated by the dictionary.How did the party turn out, btw?

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger TRW said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home