The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Tradition Reigns Triumphant

Back in the glory days that were grade school, when September would roll around, tradition dictated that I go “school supplies shopping.” I’d pick out my favorite pens and pencils, buy the latest organizer (which I invariably only used the first week), and whatever shtatti loose leafs and folders were in vogue. I guess it was supposed to be some sort of consolation for being forced to return to those dreaded classrooms. Well, not so with college. It occurred to me today that perhaps I should check and see if I had a spiral notebook with a decent amount of paper in it. I was rudely reminded of how my previous notebook (they usually last me 3-4 semesters) got into a little fight with a water bottle sitting peacefully next to it in my backpack. A little pushing a shoving ensued and suffice it to say that though the water bottle looked drained, it came out victorious. So I actually went and specifically bought a notebook today. It’s always curious when a bit of tradition creeps back into your life…

3 Comments:

  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger TRW said…

    I just bought a couple of notebooks, but attended my first day of classes and found that my Latin teacher requires a looseleaf!! Looks like I didn't do a good job school shopping...

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Devorah said…

    Latin??? I’m starting to think just about all my friends are utter masochists...

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger TRW said…

    Yeah...and at this point it looks like I'm registering for 19 credits...I'm not sure how-I've been hanging around Stx for waaaaay too long!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home