The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Blogging from the X-Lab

I strolled into CS325: Databases and Transaction Systems with fingers crossed. I looked around—all boys, yet again. There are only two other female CS majors (read: my support group) and the class is an elective, so the odds were decidedly not in my favor. I’ve been in many classes that were all boys, but none with a group project worth 40% of the grade. Uh Oh. Alas, just as Jill was about to start, Jeanette slid into the chair next to me. My partner in crime had arrived.

As it turns out, Jill wants us to work in groups of three. I ambushed Jim (read: brilliant kid exempt from all 100-level CS courses). He readily agreed. Girl power + boy genius = dream team. Breathing a very big sigh of relief…

1 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Natan said…

    I've only just now found your blog following a series of links.

    I just wanted to say that I totally sympathize with you. In my class of 40 there is only one other guy in the class.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home