The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Hijacked

It’s become undeniable; they’ve hijacked my mind. And I’m indifferent to the takeover.

I had my second Economics class today. Naturally, I hadn’t done the reading, (My policy is to ignore reading assignments unless A – it’s from Tom or Tutinas who force me to submit answers to questions about the reading prior to class or B- I can’t fall asleep.) so I intended to stay focused. Yet, somehow my brain slipped into “CS MODE” without my permission. The professor was hemming and hawing in attempt to crystallize the precise difference in the definitions of the terms “firm” and “industry.” Instead she opted to give example such as an example of an industry is the airline industry whereas an example of a firm is United Airlines. Ah, so a firm is an instance of the industry class. I kept my comment to myself. She then asked us what an economic model was and my immediate response was that it’s an abstraction. Yup, I’m a goner.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger TRW said…

    Yeah, so, um...I'm afraid...very afraid...

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Devorah said…

    You should be. As far as I know, there's no cure...

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger Keren Perles said…

    Wow, that gave me a HUGE laugh...one that I sorely needed :)

     
  • At 1:09 AM, Blogger Devorah said…

    Thanks, Stx! I believe you were well aware of my malady many moons ago…Then again you’re the one who used the idea of an abstract class to explain bechira…

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Devorah said…

    Ah, College Park…I still miss it. Gulp--did you just say “algorithms”?!? *shudder*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home