The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Life in the X-Lab

I have officially moved into the computer lab. I spend significantly more time there than anywhere else. By the time I leave (and contrary to popular belief, I do actually leave), I feel utterly drained. So this is why you should never take 3 hard-core CS classes in one semester...

6 Comments:

  • At 1:27 AM, Blogger Eli7 said…

    And remind me again what you're taking next semester...

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Devorah said…

    Hmmm, good point. In my defense, I’m only taking 2 hard core CS courses: Theory of Computation and Game Programming. I also added an independent study b/c I needed an extra credit in order to graduate. Seems to me that this comment made while Spec’ing it up, right? Ironic indeed ;-)

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Devorah said…

    Me? Wrong? Sure, all the time. But not in this case. Considering the fact that P=NP is NOT an algorithm, I really have no idea what you’re talking about…

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shor's factoring algorithm is one particular NP problem which has been solved on a quantum computer (and thus not even in 'deterministic' polynomial time...the algorithm can't be done sequentially on a regular computer [the more trials done, the chance of not finding the solution decreases >= exponentially])anyway...basially it means nothing as to whether P=NP. Even in this particular case an NP problem can't be solved for P, and ergo in general it's more likely that P<>NP.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Devorah said…

    Anon –
    Thank you for your clarifying exposition. And of course, thanks for backing me up :-)

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Devorah, I am not amused by this site and I want you to shut it down.

    The family lawyer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home