The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Wave of the Future

For those of you who question my plan to abandon the computing world due to the lure of the law school, I present you with this article. It describes a company called Intellectual Ventures…

“[Its founders] have created the quintessential company for the 21st century. It doesn't actually make anything: it outsources, offshores and offloads nearly every task performed by regular corporations. It has no factories, machine shops or marketing teams. Only patent attorneys populate the quiet hallways.”

In a nutshell, their strategy is to buy patents from all across of the high-tech spectrum in an effort to set up a patent marketplace. Intriguing, I know. Intellectual property had become the #1 American export. According to Myhrvold, “Intellectual property is the next software.” Tell me magic eight ball, is this where my future lies?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home