The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Ode to My Friends

I have been avoiding this day for some time now. Somehow it still managed to sneak up on me. Shortly after 11:15, as my last few moments as a teenager were slipping out of my hands, my cell phone starting ringing. One after another, my Mich dira-mates called me…it’s now 1:30, and I just got off the phone…and this is with cutting just about everyone short to pick up call waiting. I returned to my computer to find a *heap* of IM messages. Though I very reluctantly surrendered the title of “teenager” tonight, as my phone kept ringing, I simply couldn’t regret the loss. With friends like these, growing old is just that much easier....

6 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Eli7 said…

    Aww shucks! And happy birthday once more!

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Eli7 said…

    awww shucks! and once more, have a happy, happy birthday!!

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger TRW said…

    And what's going on from your beloved Bal'more pals? Huh? Huh? We DO love you!!

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Devorah said…

    Definitely Noted. However, it was only the non-Bal’more friends that called me as the clock struck 12…

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger TRW said…

    "I returned to my computer to find a *heap* of IM messages"
    Wait...IMs synched to come at the exact same time (well, maybe it was 12:02) is not considered remembering??

     
  • At 1:41 AM, Blogger Devorah said…

    Did I say forget??? Heavens, no. But it was the non-Bal'more kids who called. This is kinda silly though--I did not mean to disparage the Baltimore friends. It was just an observation.
    BTW, the heap reference is a CS thing. It has absolutely nothing to do with quantity. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home