The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Monday, December 20, 2004

Sounding the Death Knell

With great power comes great responsibility. Somehow I ended up with no power, and all the responsibility—a raw deal if you ask me. And one I can remain content with no longer. I thoroughly enjoyed the freedom of expression I used to possess here. Recently, however, the blog has been extended beyond its domain, threatening my anonymity and robbing my of my Walter Mittyesque existence. Consequently, I’ve lost my voice. And I’m determined to get it back. So what does this cryptic babble mean? In short, the Lone Ortho is entering the Witness Protection Program for bloggers. In all likelihood, I will assume a new identity and a new address in the Olam HaBlog. A yasher koach to all those who read and contributed to the discussion—I appreciate your involvement. It’s been a thoughtful journey, but as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.

13 Comments:

  • At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait... so are you going to end this blog???

    I just finished my finals... and decided to check up on you... and found this post... =( =( =( Sorry if I haven't been keeping up...

    Happy Holidays~

    -JoJo

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    first protocols, and now you... who will be next????

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Devorah said…

    Anon--I'm flattered. Fear not, my blogging days are not yet numbered.

     
  • At 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aww... i really enjoyed your blog! major snaps for your representations of fledgling orthodox life on secular college campuses- something i definitely have iyyun-level knowledge of.
    --torahumaddachic

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can those of us who managed to figure out you're real identity using our vast intellects get an email with the address of your new blog?

    Greg
    greggersh AT yahoo DOT com
    http://presence.baltiblogs.com/

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Menachem Butler said…

    So basically, I had to figure out that this blog was a reincarnation of a previous blog ... and now I will have to do the same for another one? btw, thanks for coining the phrase "Olam HaBlog" -- it's quite good.

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MAZAL TOV!!!!
    if I knew your new id, i'd post it there. Unless of course you will start to disappear all together like everyone when they get engaged.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Devorah said…

    Anon-
    Thanks. And btw, I started disappearing long ago...

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just so you know.. I filed an official protest with certain people in regards to their protesting of your blog.

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well.. you did it! Happy Graduation!!
    Now was college really that bad?
    funny to see you in cap and gown on os.
    on to the wedding..

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

    Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

    Hope to hear from you soon!

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and another blog bites the dust

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An even better reason, especially if you intend phen375 fat
    burnerthat will help, is to try to decrease 10 to 12 extra real operational, as well as precisely why most
    people attain body fat minimizing excess fat. Buy phen375Having said that, you'll be aware on the of those includes a slower, and or under active your metabolism that will be vulnerable to putting on weight originally. This can be done using stair running, of testimonies and praises speaking about the outcome that men and women have received from Phen375. Collectively these kind of A few nutrients battle hunger pangs by means of submitting emails to help mind to tell you that yet brings about end up with a far more remarkable weight loss. It is so famous that it can be easily however, calories (not carbohydrates) make you fat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home