The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Jewish Algorithms?

At the end of class today, Jill alluded to the next string matching algorithm we would look at….

Jill (paraphrased): The ingenuity of the Boyer-Moore algorithm is that it matches the pattern from right to left.

Jim: “It’s Jewish pattern matching”

This coming form the boy who told me he knew what Passover was because he watched a Rugrats special on it ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home