The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Du Bist A Yid

While eating lunch in the X-Lab….

Christoph: Is that a hamburger??
Me: No, it’s actually a veggie burger.
(I nonchalantly whip out a handful of ketchup packets.)
Christoph: Oh. Can you put ketchup on that, or would that not be kosher?

**For those who monitor my ketchup consumption (cough::Eli7::cough), you know why this struck me as funny.. ;-)

While warning Jill that I would have to take off class yet again for Shmini Atzeres / Simchas Torah.

Me: ..but I’m going back to normal [meaning normal schedule] after this Friday.”
Jill: You mean as normal as you ever get.

**This is true, but I didn’t realize they knew me so well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home