The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Jewish Algorithms II

Whilst experimenting with different pattern matching algorithms, it became apparent that Boyer-Moore stubbornly refused to scan my input. We were all running the same applet and somehow it worked for EVERYONE else in the class. I demoed my insubordinate algorithm to a few of my classmates.

Jim: Sorry, Deborah, but it looks like the Jewish algorithm doesn’t like you.
Me: But I’m Jewish!!!!!
Colin: Maybe it’s a self-hating Jewish algorithm
Me: Like all Jewish algorithms, huh
(Emphatic nodding by Colin ensues)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home