The Lone Ortho

Marooned on a secular college campus, I created this blog for the dual purpose of venting and sharing my experiences, pleasant and otherwise. Join me as I traverse the treacherous terrains of galus; it's been a harrowing, yet worthwhile journey thus far. Feel free to partake in the smattering of snide remarks, random Paul Simon references, and utterly ridiculous CS jokes.

Monday, August 09, 2004

Caught in the Crosshairs

One day when I’m rich and famous and the publishing companies come knocking at my door offering me million dollar contracts for my autobiography, I have no doubt what I’ll title it: “Splinters: A Lifetime of Straddling the Fences” (although apparently the innocent use of colons can really tick people off. I’ve considered various permutations, such as “Splinters: A Religious Odyssey,” etc.) I’ve masqueraded as a member of both the MO and Yeshivish worlds at some time or another, always wandering back to the No Man’s Land that lies in between. And from my vantage point perched atop the metaphoric fence, I can verify that “across-the-board stereotypes…have become anachronisms.” Its true—the border has certainly blurred.

Bottom Line: Although I’m a rather stubborn fence squatter, if ever a strong gust of wind would blow me off my post, I know exactly where I’d land. And I doubt it would raise *too* many eyebrows. For now I’ll stay put and yell “touché” whenever I deem appropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home